All businesses that operate within the City are required to obtain a license. The business license period runs from May 1 to April 30 each year.
When completing your Business License Application, please review additional requirements that may apply to your business:
The following items are required for businesses located in Union:
- Business License Application
- Proof of State of Missouri Business Registration – More information
- Proof of State of Missouri DBA (Doing Business As) Fictitious Name Registration (if applicable) – Fictitious Name Definition & Online Registration
- Union Business Emergency Contact Information Form (only if located in Union, and not a HOME OCCUPATION)
- All new businesses located in Union must schedule an inspection with the Union Fire Protection District (636-583-2515) and City Inspector (636-583-1805) before their business license will be approved.
The following additional items are required for any business making retail sales in Union:
A Missouri Sales Tax ID number – More information
- Proof of “No Tax Due” with the State of Missouri - More information
The following additional items are required for contractors:
Proof of current Worker’s Compensation coverage (or Affidavit of Exemption pursuant to RSMo 287.061) – Please have your insurance company fax over a copy of coverage to (636) 583-4509 or email to email@example.com. This must be kept current in order for your business license to remain valid throughout the business license year (May 1 – April 30).
FOOD SERVICES, ACCOMMODATIONS, CHILD CARE FACILITIES
The following additional items are required for restaurants or any business requiring Franklin County Department of Health Inspections:
Proof of current Franklin County Health Department License – More information
if the nature of your business is "child-related" as designated by the Union Police Department, background check(s) must be performed in accordance with the Union Code of Ordinances. Please complete background check forms and submit to the Union Police Department at 119 S. Church Street.
The following additional items are required for businesses with alcohol sales in Union:
Please call the City Clerk’s Office at City Hall (636) 583-3600 for more information regarding liquor license applications and fees. Liquor License
- Liquor License with the State of Missouri – More information
UNION HOME BUSINESSES
If you are operating a business from your home and live within the city limits of Union, please see Home Occupations.
VEHICLES FOR HIRE
If you are operating a taxicab business, you must supply proof of insurance for each vehicle used $100,000/$300,000/$50,000. Please see Article II of Chapter 605 of the Municipal Code of Ordinances for more information.
OTHER HELPFUL INFORMATION
State of Missouri Secretary of State website – Online Services, Forms & Publications
State of Missouri Secretary of State website – Starting a new business